Friday 15 April 2011

DROP NO. 3......COME ON DOWN!

Hello Jizz fans.

Since we last spoke- all of three days ago, lots has been happening.
First of all since egg collection, we have had seen our 20 eggs...whittled down to 9 fertililzed ones...which is fantastic news. The embryoligist called me to tell me all was going well - and we should expect egg transfer on Friday  - at 11.15am.

Wow.

In the meantime I'm giving Lulu the Gestone injection each night at 9pm. This stuff is disgusting, its like oil. And even though I am fantastic at administering needles now.....it stings to high heaven once its put it. And also causes bruising on the bum, like you wouldnt believe. Evil, nasty stuff. Dr Madeinheaven has told us to rotate the area we inject..so both bum cheeks, and both thighs. My wife is going to look like I have beaten the crap out of her.

*note to social services, I am not harming my wife and would never do such a thing. Unless she really p**ed me off*


So those injections are a jolly bit of fun for the next few weeks - we're not sure how long they will continue.....hopefully not long.

So we come to today. Egg transfer.

We got to the clinic with plenty of time to spare, and took up our seats in the waiting room. Both of us we're smiling and happy, knowing that this bit was 'hopefully' the last part of the process. It wasnt long before we were called to another waiting room (the same one from Tuesday) and we were then ushered to a bed to change. I found out that I can be in the procedure room for this one! Yee Ha...but I would have to scrub up.......


Come on, be honest. I rock this look. I should've been a doctor. This is my 'Im going to take your temperature' pose. Notice my protruding finger, ready to examine......

So into the room we went, I sat at the end of the bed/table/torture machine that Lulu had been on days earlier. There were stirrups (yeehaa) and at the end of them......boots. Like big old moonboots from the 70's. Once in position, Dr Madeinheaven popped a metal object into my wifes Va-Jay-Jay.....kind of like a clamp. He then knocked on a serving hatch.

Yes, a serving hatch...you know, like the ones your Nan and Grandad had in-between the kitchen and dining room. Out of the serving hatch popped an Embryologists head...who said hello.

Now in these sort of situations I tend to make jokes to 'lighten the mood'. So, on seeing the lady's head through the serving hatch I said...

'Cheesburger and Chips please...no gherkins'

My wife was not amused.

Anyhoo - after a number of ID checks (you really want to make sure you get the right embryo put in the correct Va-Jay-Jay.) Dr Madeinheaven was passed a long needle with a floppy bit on the end that looked like a strawberry lace.

This was then popped into my wife's tuppence, and before you could say 'Wham Bam Thank You Mam' the procedure was complete. Simple....and only about 5-10 mins in total. Amazing.

Also what was amazing, the fact that my wife didn't urinate all over Dr Madeinheaven. We were told that Lulu needed to have a full bladder before the procedure. And boy was it full - in fact she could have fired her aft torpedoes at any given moment. But she held on like a trooper....and Dr Madeinheaven was thankful.

Now I need to tell you what happened to the other eggs/embryos  - Of the 9 fertilized, they pick the ones that have grown to at least 6,7, or 8 cells for transfer. Two of our eggs were at 8, one at 7 a couple at 6 and the rest below that. The one they picked to put in today is a humdinger...or as the nice embryologist called it

'Top quality'

She sounded a little like a market trader trying to close a deal....but we trusted her judgement. This egg was called Drop No 3....... that's the name our unborn child is at the moment...Drop No 3.

The others (Drops No 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9) will be assessed over the next 2 days, and hopefully a couple will be good enough for freezing. Great news if that works.

So now.......we wait again. We have booked an appointment for later in the month, to take a pregnancy test....and then....well, who knows.

Mother Nature has to take its turn in the process now, Lulu has to chill for a fair few days, take it nice and easy....and we keep everything cross. So until the next time....when you'll hear the exciting conclusion to this tale...here is a pic of Drop No 3 in my wifes womb.  See if you can spot it.

Remember 'Spot the Ball' in the papers? This is the same....if you guess correct you will win a HUGE AND AWESOME PRIZE!

*prize is not huge or awesome.....there is no prize*



No comments:

Post a Comment