Tuesday 22 February 2011

EPISODE V - A NEW HOPE

Hey interested jizz readers.

How are you? Me? Well, I'm doing better. After last times shenanigans...things seem to be picking up. By now you will all know about our date with Dr Bitchfromhell. If not......then scroll down and take a goosy gander, its staggering.
We had another appointment yesterday, this time with the nurse. To be frank, I wasn't expecting anything from this appt. All last week, I thought they would call again rearranging for another time that would be almost impossible for me and the wife.

We had no call last week.


Ok.....We'd get there and they'd say they've made a big mistake and the funding has been cut from the IVF program.

They said no such thing.


Right, well while sitting in the waiting room, Dr Bitchfromhell would spot us, and using the dark side of the force, put my wife in a choke hold....I would leap from my seat, somersaulting towards the sith lord...at the same time as charging up my lightsabre ready for battle.  The finesse of my moves would put her off the choke hold for a split second, allowing me time for a frenzied attack...that left her lying on the ground, motionless....and at the edge of life.

There was no such battle (wouldve looked cool though)


In fact, the nurse came out and called our name at 2pm. Which by some staggering coincidence was the time of our appt. She took some papers off us, and said we'd be called in soon. Soon it was, only 5 minutes went by, when the same nurse...lets call her Nurse Fluffyandnice, popped back in the waiting room and guided us to a scan room for a chat.

And that's what we did. Chat. We chatted about the process, we chatted about any fears we had, we chatted about what would happen next,  we chatted about the price of fish (almost...but you get my drift). This was amazing. At last.....things started to happen.

She dealt with any worries I or Lulu had with a calm reassurance of a medical proffesional that knows how to handle.....human beings. She asked us whether we would be interested in taking part in one Doctors study about the chance of OHSS (jargon!!! see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovarian_hyperstimulation_syndrome ) Of course we would! Would you like a kidney? What about some bone marrow...thats always in need!??!

At this point I think we would've said yes to anything. Luckily, they declined the kidney and bone marrow, but did take some blood, and my wee. (More tests before the fun starts!) It turns out that saying yes to this study, may not be such a bad thing, the Dr....from now on Dr Lovely....would be taking a special interest in our case, so we will get some 'preferential' treatment. Boom. We like preferential treatment. All it means is a couple of extra blood tests and scans for Lulu.....so not much from us at all. And you never know, it could help people in the future.

They took Lulu off for a scan in a different scan room, leaving me on my own........I had a sudden urge to play with the equipment....I wondered if I could scan myself. I mean it can't be that hard...switch it on, put some jelly stuff on my belly OOOOO COLD! Then rub the thingy (I believe thats the technical term) over my belly. Of course I didnt do this, as I know what would happen.

I would just be undressing and putting the jelly on my hands when they all walked back in.....'I was just....erm....going to try out the machine....., What other reason would I have for lubing up my hands'

Anyhoo - time flew in this appt - we were there for over 2 hours! (lucky we didnt get a car park ticket..that ran out after 1hr 30 mins!) We now have drugs on order.....something called a prostap injection. I have to give this to the wife...

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yes, I will be Greg House, a brilliant Dr...but with a gruff, unlikeable exterior. The nurse taught me how to do it......I cannot wait.  After that injection, we wait a couple of weeks....and then start different injections....one a day, every day at the exact same time for a week or so.

(Yes, I have to adminster them too.....! Yippee!)

So I will leave you here......we should be Go Go Gadget around the 21st March. Then the process should take around 4 weeks. All I have to do now is inject the wife a few times (pfnarr) and jizz in a cup for (hopefully) the last time.......

Cuppy's last hurrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment